Our Advanced Practices volunteer management training series is designed to take you from a volunteer manager to a volunteer leader. While our Introductory Approaches and Core Components series discuss the essential elements of volunteer management, our Advanced Practices webinars help you develop effective leadership skills and provide the strategic framework necessary for an effective volunteer program at your organization.
The content provided in these webinars will encourage you to take a holistic approach to your volunteer program and challenge you to rethink how volunteers fit into your organization. Plus, we’ll address common challenges leaders of volunteers are often faced with, like what to do when your colleagues don’t think volunteers are worth the investment. These trainings answer the hard questions you’ll grapple with in your role as a volunteer manager, including:
- What does “soft risk” mean in the context of volunteer engagement? Am I doing enough to protect my volunteers, volunteer program and organization?
- How can I keep my volunteers interested, involved and engaged for the long haul?
- What do I do when I need to ask a volunteer to leave?
- How is my organization culture limiting volunteer involvement? Is there anything I can do to change that?
- Why do I need a strategic plan for volunteer engagement and what goes into one?
Advanced Practices webinars approach topics from a wider, theoretical perspective. Although you can take these webinars in any order, basic knowledge of volunteer management practices may be helpful.