If you want to develop a successful volunteer program or strengthen an existing one, our Core Components live webinar series is perfect for you. These volunteer management trainings delve deeply into the ideas and practices first introduced in our Introductory Approaches series, such as attracting the right volunteers for your organization or mitigating risks to your volunteer engagement program.
We’ll share volunteer management resources, tips and advice to help you identify your program’s needs, energize your volunteers and build a solid foundation for effective volunteer engagement. By the end of this webinar series, you’ll learn everything you need to develop and implement the key elements of a volunteer engagement program, including:
- The components of an outstanding volunteer position description and how it can be used for volunteer recruitment, training, and retention
- What policies to include in your volunteer handbook and how to enforce them
- Strategies for honing your interview skills and sample volunteer interview questions to ask
- What goes into a successful volunteer training program, plus insight into how adults learn
- The recognition strategies that motivate today’s volunteers (hint: it’s not a fancy “thank you” dinner)
Although there may be overlap between training topics, there’s no need to complete these webinars in any order.