Creating a Comprehensive and Engaging Volunteer Training Program
Attend this live webinar!
Sorry, there are no upcoming dates for this webinar. Please check back soon.
What do your volunteers need to know to be successful? This webinar will start with the basics and help you understand how to determine what information you should be sharing with your volunteers, and how that can be used to create a curriculum. We’ll then discuss how to present this information in a variety of ways using different delivery methods that appeal to adult learners. Assessing what your volunteers have learned, and creating ongoing training and professional development training for your volunteers will also be covered.
What You'll Learn:
- What information should you share with new volunteers?
- How can you turn regularly shared new volunteer info into a curriculum?
- How is adult learning different from child learning?
- How can you tell how much training new volunteers are absorbing?
Who Should Attend:
- Nonprofit Volunteer Managers who are new to VolunteerMatch
- Nonprofit Volunteer Managers who are new to the field
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Jennifer Bennett is the Senior Manager of Education & Training at VolunteerMatch.
How does the webinar work?
You attend the webinar using your Internet connection. Once you register, your confirmation email will provide you with an Internet link where you join the webinar at the specified date and time. The webinar audio uses your computer's microphone or speakers (VoIP). A telephone option is also available for audio. You will also be able to ask questions during the webinar.
PC based attendees - Windows 7, Vista XP or 2003 Server
Mac based attendees - Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
Still not sure where or how you should begin? No problem, just visit our Community Support page.