11am - 12pm Pacific / 2pm - 3pm Eastern
Designing meaningful, mission-driven virtual volunteer opportunities, and managing remote volunteers can be challenging. How do you create work than can be done independently, and still supervise, evaluate, or recognize the work of a volunteer you never meet face to face? The good news is that now, with an ever growing set of online tools, building an online community and connecting with someone across miles (or continents) is easier. In this webinar we will discuss best practices for creating those opportunities and developing meaningful relationships with remote volunteers, including building and empowering remote teams, managing projects by letting go but not checking out, and creating a two-way communication plan to share the work of remote volunteers with the organization and share what's happening at the organization with remote volunteers.
- Keys for designing mission-driven virtual volunteer opportunities.
- The different challenges around managing remote volunteers.
- How to create a clear communicaton plan to engage and include remote volunteers.
- Keys to successfully engaging and supervising remote volunteers using online tools.
- Tips for creating a successful working relationship with remote volunteers.
- Volunteer Program Managers
- Those responsible for managing or engaging volunteers