Managing Difficult Volunteer Transitions
Attend this live webinar!
Thursday, June 13, 2013
11:00am - 12:00pm Pacific / 2:00pm - 3:00pm Eastern
What do you do when it's time to ask a volunteer to leave your organization? This webinar will give you the tools to address challenges around difficult volunteers, including volunteers aging in place and entrenched volunteers. You'll also learn how to minimize these situations in the future. Suggestions for determining when a volunteer should be terminated, and making it easier on you, other volunteers, and staff will be presented. The role that risk management plays in these decisions will also be included.
What You'll Learn:
- How to prepare your organization for difficult transitions
- How to identify transitions that need to be made
- How to manage difficult transitions and strategies for ending the volunteering relationship
- Know where to go to get resources and help
Who Should Attend:
- Nonprofit Volunteer Managers
- VolunteerMatch Account Administrators
- Anyone in the volunteer management sphere interested in learning about how to manage difficult volunteer transitions
Matt Wallace is the Senior Associate of Nonprofit Relations
Jennifer Bennett is the Senior Manager of Education & Training at VolunteerMatch.
How does the webinar work?
You attend the webinar using your Internet connection. Once you register, your confirmation email will provide you with an Internet link where you join the webinar at the specified date and time. The webinar audio uses your computer's microphone or speakers (VoIP). A telephone option is also available for audio. You will also be able to ask questions during the webinar.
PC based attendees - Windows 7, Vista XP or 2003 Server
Mac based attendees - Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
Still not sure where or how you should begin? No problem, just visit our Community Support page.