Sorry, there are no upcoming dates for this webinar. Please check back soon.
You may not know it by name, but most nonprofit organizations have fallen victim to the Overhead Myth, a misconception that spending money on administrative and fundraising costs is a bad thing. It's been confusing donors for too long about what matters when judging a nonprofit, and it is actively harming our ability to solve the world's problems.
This month VolunteerMatch will host a special joint edition of the Nonprofit Insights and Best Practice Network webinar series as we welcome Jacob Harold of Guidestar and Ann Goggins Gregory of the Bridgespan Group, in conversation with Greg Baldwin of VolunteerMatch. They will discuss the cultural values and past behavior of nonprofits, businesses and funders that have led to the current problem, and answer the critical question of "What now?"
Whether you work at a nonprofit or a company, changing the conversation about the overhead ratio is absolutely necessary for ensuring the health of the nonprofit sector, our communities and our world. Join us for this webinar to learn what your role can and should be in ending the Overhead Myth.
- What is the Overhead Myth and why is it a bad thing?
- What needs to change in our society, our economy and our minds to fix it?
- What can we do as individuals, organizations and companies to help end the Overhead Myth?
- Nonprofit Development Directors, Executive Directors and anyone involved with nonprofit resource allocation
- Nonprofit funders and donors
- Corporate professionals involved with nonprofit partnerships and philanthropy
- Anyone who cares about fixing a critical misconception about what matters when judging nonprofits