11:00am - 12:00pm Pacific / 2:00pm - 3:00pm Eastern
We all worry about the hard risks that can have an impact on our volunteers and the work they do, but too often we don’t think about the soft risk. Soft risks are the attitudes, beliefs and actions that expose our organizations to risks. Those risks may include the actions of staff – both paid and volunteer, interactions on social media, lack of training for leaders and volunteers - leading to risky behavior, and how failing to screen for characteristics or “fit” can open volunteers and the organization up to risk. This webinar is designed to help attendees identify soft risks in their organization and give them the tools to make changes to processes and culture to minimize and address these risks.
* Understand how your organization's culture of volunteer engagement may be opening it up to soft risk.
* Lead your organization though a soft risk assessment.
* Design communication and training plans to address soft risk.
- Leaders of Volunteer Engagement
- Volunteer Program Managers