Are you new to working with volunteers and using VolunteerMatch? Or are you looking for a quick refresher on the basic ideas and theories of volunteer engagement?
If so, our Introductory Approaches webinars will provide you with the essential knowledge you need to build and manage a successful volunteer engagement program at your organization.
A thorough introduction to volunteer management, these free trainings address everything from volunteer recruitment, volunteer retention and volunteer recognition strategies to best practices for engaging volunteer groups and how to design mission-driven volunteer opportunities. You’ll learn the keys to effective volunteer management, such as:
- What volunteers are looking for and how you can attract the right volunteers for your organization
- How to avoid the pitfalls of single days of service and create a meaningful experience for diverse groups of volunteers
- How you can find time to strategize and “think bigger” by engaging volunteers in new ways
- Tips for engaging volunteers on social media and best practices for each platform
- How to integrate skilled volunteers into your existing volunteer program, including the art of delegating work and setting achievable goals
Although some training sessions cover related topics, there’s no need to complete them in any order!